World Autism Awareness Day is April 2nd!
Here are some easy ways to promote autism in your community:
- Ask your city’s Mayor to sign a Proclamation declaring April 2nd as World Autism Awareness Day and April as Autism Awareness Month. Click here.
- Encourage a school to sponsor an event, highlight books about autism or hold a reading session. Try these activities. Then donate the books about autism that you’ve finished to your local library. Here is a list of books.
- Use World Autism Awareness Day to start a Student Club at your school. Click here for more tips.
- Are you a Team Captain for the Los Angeles Walk? Send an e-card to your fellow team members encouraging them to fundraise. Or send an e-card to your donors with an updated link to your fundraising page.
- Encourage your employer to engage in one of the attached corporate activities. Click here.
- Ask a local business that you frequent if they will do a “Puzzle Piece Campaign” for the month of April. We are happy to provide you with free posters and individual puzzle pieces. All the business owner has to do is collect $1 (or more) and display the pieces around the store, restaurant, etc. This gives them great community support visibility and is a super fundraiser for your personal or team efforts.
See all of the creative ways you can celebrate the day by visiting www.worldautismawarenessday.org.