The Institute for Behavioral Training (IBT) launches its one-stop training site this week to provide parents and professionals who work with individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) customized training based on research-proven techniques using applied behavior analysis (ABA). IBT offers four types of training programs, including eLearning, face-to-face training, Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) supervision and continuing education.
“As the number of individuals affected by autism spectrum disorders continues to grow, we want to offer a service where parents, educators, caregivers, and practitioners can receive high-quality, affordable training,” says IBT director Cecilia Knight, MA, BCBA. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released research last week showing that one in 50 children in America is diagnosed with ASD, demonstrating that autism remains more prevalent than juvenile diabetes, pediatric cancer, and childhood AIDS.
IBT is powered by the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD), the world’s largest provider of effective, early-intensive behavioral intervention for individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). IBT uses CARD experts to provide innovative training programs that meet the current and emerging needs of parents, caregivers, and human service professionals across the globe. With over 22 years of training experience, CARD launched IBT to expand quality services for the autism community. IBT functions as its own separate entity, utilizing CARD’s extensive supply of qualified BCBA supervisors to create diverse training programs.
“We execute this commitment through high-quality programs that feature diversity in content, convenient access, modern technology, and an expert instructional staff,” says Knight.
IBT’s components include:
eLearning Training offers:
• Online ABA training presented by experts in the field of ABA
• Courses offered for practitioners, educators, direct staff, and parents/family members
• Note-taking feature included for creating notes to save and reference later
• Courses available for CE credit (indicated with CE)
Face-to-Face Training offers:
• Quarterly trainings sessions at the CARD headquarters in Tarzana, California
• In-depth, intense supervisor-level training
• Training designed for Master’s-level clinicians who provide supervision services in the field of applied behavior analysis to individuals on the autism spectrum
• 10 full days of training with the requirement to attend all 10 days
BCBA/BCaBA Supervision offers:
• One-to-one and small-group supervision formats with an experienced clinician
• Professional guidance and support from experienced supervisors
• Supervision from your home or work through video conferencing and other Internet tools
• Personally tailored supervision for your area of interest
• The opportunity to earn supervision hours from anywhere in the world
• Over 60 BCBAs from a variety of backgrounds to assist you
• Access to our extensive online assessment and curriculum, Skills®, with over 4,000 lesson activities
CE Courses offer:
• Options for quality continuing education (CE) courses
• Programs designed for professional growth and refinement
• Ability to earn continuing education hours from the comfort and privacy of your home or workplace
• Live webinars, article reviews, and eLearning modules
For more information about IBT and its products, visit http://www.ibehavioraltraining.com.